Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Creepy Cop Story

Ok. So I have been in a funk lately and was running a wee bit late yesterday for this surgery case at Northlake (30 minutes from my house in the middle of Gary). Not sure why, I got up on time but was late leaving and then I was out of gas. So on my way to the hospital - I took a detour and got gas. After the pit stop, it was easier to take a different hwy instead of the freeway. I have traveled this road several times and it takes you thru the north part of Gary but puts you right at the hospital. Well- there was this cop driving along side of me on the road. I noticed him - particularly since he was driving weird, hurrying up to get in front of me then slowing down to get behind me, then pulling up next to me at lights, etc. I didn't think much of it until he was ahead of me and then did some ghetto driving to pull right up on my ass behind me. By now, I am almost to the hospital. He then turns on his lights!! I thought that couldn't possibly be for me but pulled onto a side street to let him pass and he pulls up behind me. He asked for my license and registration and tells me my plate is expired. As he is standing there all cocky- he wanted a good reason to NOt impound my car immediately! Impound my car...What??? ARe you crazy!
So I said that I was late for a surgery over at the hospital and needed my car. He said " Oh, you are a doctor?" "yes" "Well- that is a physical I would look forward to having weekly" (My mouth was falling open... he did not just say that!) To which I reply- Oh no- not that kind of doctor. I am a foot doctor.
"Not for one day a week your not." (Yikes- you are really scaring me now, in the middle of Gary all by myself with this law enforcement dude) He actually told me he would look forward to turning his head and coughing!!!!
Then he handed my license back and let me go. I proceed to the next light and he motions for me to roll down my window. I did and he says he will check on me tomorrow to make sure my license plate is renewed. Then he followed me to the hospital! Crazy!
I know you are all thinking he pulled me over for speeding but apparently I'm just hot! Or a psycho magnet? Not sure which one!!!!!

Incidently- the girl that was having surgery was 17 years old. She broke her ankle jumping out of a three story window. Apparently, she got caught "doing it" with her girlfriend and thought it best to escape by jumping out her window!!! She totally messed up her ankle and will be regretting that decision in 5 years! Worst ankle I have seen on such a young person!!!!

6 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh Mark does that kind of thing to people all the time, it's no big deal, YEAH RIGHT! What a freak, I'd be a bit weirded out too.

Stokes said...

Holy Crap - I would call the Police Department and report that bastard!! He sounds like he could be on "To Catch a Predator"... Ewwwww. I'm squirming in my seat right now!

Hope said...

Are you sure you didn't wander onto the set of porn movie!? Yikes!

Katie said...

You're all forgetting- she was in GARY! (But seriously, did his badge look like he got it out of a cereal box?)

Cari said...

TURN HIM IN!!!!

JenyB said...

Ha, Hope! I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he was hoping to be able to write into Penthouse Forum. YUCKY!