I had a great weekend - for the most part. It was a really difficult week due to some discord with my partner in the business; but to top it off, one of my referring primary care doctors blew his lid and went off on me Friday morning when I asked him to admit his patient to the hospital. Long story short, I admitted the patient thru another G.P. and this guy found out and was even more pissed! But the patient is doing a lot better - and I guess that is what it is all about!
Friday night we went over to the nativity fest, which is a HUGE party thrown by a catholic church. It was fun, lots of people I knew. They also had this bungee/trampoline game there. It looked like fun! You get to jump on the trampoline and the bungee cords are attached around your waist - so it vaults you high in the air. I was a little scared to try it since all the other participants were children and I weigh three times those little kids, but I got up and did it! It was great! So much fun... I was even doing flips!
Then on Saturday- we went to the Gary Airshow. It was a great weather day and we sat out on the beach with some friends just drinking, swimming, and watching the planes. The Stealth Bomber was the coolest! The pilot flew over us three times. One from left to right, one from right to left and then he came straight for us and went right over our heads! How scary would that be in a war situation! By the time you hear him- game over..... hence the stealth part in the plane's name.
Yesterday- I went to church with my mom. Then we all went over to the new Bass Pro Shop store. The place is HUGE! THey have everything you could possibly need except a pedometer (which is what we went there for) and the funny thing is my mom picked one up in the Brass Pro shop in branson, MO last month and wanted another! So I guess the stores do not all carry the same things. Apparently, people in Branson walk, people in Portage do not! It took three salespeople to find one that actually knew what a pedometer was.... youth these days!
We picked up some sweet corn for dinner, yummy! and then headed over to Greg and Mary's for desert. Spent some time with Kaylen, my niece, who I have not seen for 6 months. we had a nice visit! Hopefully things are back on track there.
Whew! I think I had a Breard weekend! Chock full of activities! I rather enjoyed it too!
Yellowstone and Tetons!
8 years ago

3 comments:
You are a busy bee!!! You go girl! Can't wait to see you!! We are on the count down!!
I love your blog site! It's been fun to read and hear what's been going on! I have a new cell phone - 314-610-4669. I just heard that I got that new job with the multi-specialty group - I'll be talking to you soon to see what you think about the contract.
And we had a really quiet weekend (well, sorta, for us....)
Post a Comment