I made the leap and starting selling things on Ebay. Two weeks ago, I decided to get rid of some of the excess that I have laying around the house. I placed two plush animals on sale via ebay. It was more time consuming than I thought it would be to register the items. Then of course, there are fees for everything. Listing fee, photo fee, selling fee, fee for paypal, etc. There is a trick to this ebaying stuff. ANyway. It was rather fun! One item had a buyer really quickly and the other item had several "watchers" but no bidders. You really want to sell the item you have up for sale because you have to pay to list it. Not that those fees are high priced, but they do add up! Well, both my items sold!! One for the listing price but the other went up $10!!! I was so excited to sell my stuff that I packaged them up right away and was ready to mail them out when I realized that I haven't actually be paid for them yet. Then comes the part were you wait for $. Neither buyer did anything for a couple days and then they both paid the same day. So off to the post office - mail the packages and whoohoo profit! I made $35!!!!
As you can see- you certainly are not going to get rich doing this! Also- I was freaking myself out, second guessing myself that I put the correct shipping label on the correct plush animal! Stressing to make sure someone wasn't disappointed when they opened their box to find their purchase was something else! Crazy!
My review of my ebay experience is positive! I had anticipated selling some clothing articles that I don't wear anymore but i don't think ebay is the right market for those items. Too much work for little profit. But I think I will continue to look around the house for items that could potentially sell quickly.
Yellowstone and Tetons!
8 years ago

1 comment:
Thats awesome! Greg is a big Ebay advocate! Good luck!
Post a Comment