Friday night adventure: I had a "blind" date last night. More like a meet and greet type "date" and yes we have to talk in quotes because everything was a set-up. I didn't really think i was on a date and he probably didn't either.... but we both knew we were going to meet each other there! Well... he is HOT!!! really ridiculously good looking! We met @ a little mexican joint that is pretty popular on Friday nights. My friend Karla, who works with John, arranged this "meeting" since some of her old co-workers were throwing a going away party that night. THerefore, karla and her husband, me, and john could all mingle amongst these other people we all kinda/ sort of know too!
Well- i was coming from work and therefore dressed like a business professional. Cute but..... I arrived @ 4:30. Bill shows up soon afterwards. I am early, but i know if you don't get there early - you don't get a table. Karla shows up looking hot! She tells me John went home after work to shower and change and will be arriving @ 6:30. Here is the scoop. He works in my area but lives in Chicago. So ... he was going home to chicago to change and then drive back out here for this "meeting" and then back to chicago (apparently his parents were coming in for mother's day weekend so he had to be home by 11 pm which means he has to leave by 10ish) I probably would have cancelled - too much driving around! But... if he is changing, i needed to change too! So off i flew back to my house to shower and change and spritz (or douse) myself in perfume!!! I get back at 6:30 and no John. Bill (who has been drinking since i left) is pissed this guy didn't show up on time. Bill hasn't meet John before either and i thought it was sweet he was upset! I wasn't worried... it is friday and traffic is usually heavy. We are now sitting at a table of 6 four person tables all squeezed together. THe place is packed! I refuse to get "stuck" on the inside - so i sit next to bill. THis mexican place is known for its margaritas and they are STRONG. I see this lady (in her 50's) down the fish bowl size margarita and i lean over to karla ... and tell her that lady needs to go home... i knew what was going to happen!
Everybody is having a good time, i am chitchatting with this lady when Bill tells me thumbs up on my "date". I turn and look and he is HOT!!! All the other girls/ladies think this too and start asking Karla who he is. She introduced him to Bill, me and then everyone else in the party! He didn't really look at me and we really weren't in a situation where we could talk. Just as i am getting frustrated...the lady with the margarita pukes in her glass, then on her shirt, and all over the table/floor. Disgusting! But ice breaker for me. I tell John and bill ..we should move into the bar. so we do and now i am in my glory....telling jokes, smiling, touching his arm (huge biceps!) Shortly afterwards we left and headed to another bar where a band was playing. I sat next to him there and of course had to lean in and talk in his ear due to noise. But ... it is strategy for me! Blowing in his ear, falling in his lap and whafting my perfume on him! It's my magic dust! He did put his hand on the small of my back a few times which i took as a good sign. But he did leave pretty promptly @10 pm . no exchange of numbers so maybe it's not going anywhere. I had a great time though! WHat do i do next? Any advice?
Yellowstone and Tetons!
8 years ago

1 comment:
Wow, I got excited just reading about your meet and greet. Sounds like you had a good time, he'll call, unless he's an idiot.
Post a Comment