Thursday, November 8, 2007

Those Are Some Trees!!!


I love trees! And am addicted to shopping all the fall sales at the local nurseries. I actually buy it all, burning bushes, forsynthia, day lillies, ornamental grasses, etc. but lately I have been into the evergreens, spruces, arborvitae, etc. Well, needless to say, I went shopping yesterday and bought some more trees. Aaron really didn't say too much when I called him to tell him I would like to buy some trees --- so i bought six of them. When he came to pick them up, all he could say was "Six of them" over and over. I didn't realize until we got home that he was actually a little upset, well he thought I was crazy for buying so many right before winter. And, our temperature has been dipping really low during the nighttime with impending frost due shortly so we have to plant them really quickly. Aaron has this expression "Cynth dreams it Skub builds it". Well- he is probably right. He was thinking this tree idea would create a ton of work for him, so I told him not to worry - I would dig the holes. Well- I started digging today. These trees are HUGE and require HUGE holes!!! I was out in the yard digging and had maybe gotten a hole 18" in diameter maybe 6" deep when along comes Devin, our landscape buddy! How lucky am I!! Not only is he good looking but he offered to bring his guys over tomorrow and knock out this tree planting for me! I hope this makes me look like a hero to Skub!!!! He might have to change his expression!! Check out the load of trees!

4 comments:

Cari said...

That's awesome!!!

If I lived close, I would come help you dig tree holes!!

cari

Katie said...

It sounds like the Cynth/Skube relationship is very similar to the Frodermann's: I'm the vision, and he's the grunt! Woohoo! Keep up the good work!

JenyB said...

It'd been a long time since you'd blogged or called or emailed...I was wondering if you'd eloped and were on a honeymoon!

Katie said...

If you haven't eloped yet, and plan on doing so, come honeymoon in Minneapolis! Woo hoo!! In fact, you don't even have to marry, just come visit MN!