Couldn't resist.... went back to remus farms and bought more plants!!! This time all smaller plants, always wanted some forcynthia (i know that is not how you spell it, but i like it better that way) and a whole bunch of other plants too! I will post a photo after I get them all in the ground. Our weather here is great! 65 degrees today, slight drizzle but who cares!
Aaron wants to go to his parents house for Thanksgiving. I am really torn on this one. I am trying to make it happen for him, but I have such a difficult time getting along with his family that it is painful to go there. For a recap, he has eight siblings and now half are married with several children each! Pack all those people along with some aunts, uncles, cousins and that is a house full! We, meaning me mostly, don't get alongwith his immediate family for several reasons. All of them silly, but i basically get ignored and left by myself like I have a socially unacceptable disease while aaron gets smothered with attention. I think aaron understands what his family does and how poorly they treat me but it is hard to not like your own family when they treat you so well. Ugh, I will probably suck it up and go over there. But first, I will get my hair done, buy a new outfit and a new pair of fall boots and workout like a mad lady!!!! If I can't join them, might as well make them hate me even more! Bad attitude, I know. Can't help it. These people really get my goat!
I have a busy work week. The crazy season has started early. I had to work every day last week, and it looks like it for this week too! Poor baby, right?! I usually only work 3 or 4 days a week. That leaves me time to get caught up on all the other stuff, like charts, billing, meetings, etc. Also, house work, grocery shopping, phone calls. The end of the year is really a busy time but it doesn't typically start until after Thanksgiving. I guess this is good though, I am gearing up to ask for a year end bonus and also a raise for next year. THat should prove interesting!!!
Yellowstone and Tetons!
8 years ago

3 comments:
I think getting all dressed up and looking fabulous for Thanksgiving might set you up for even more disappointment because not only will the family ignore you, it will make you even more annoyed because they should be noticing your new look and complimenting you. Instead you should roll out of bed, put on some sweats, and when you get there, sit out in the garage and have a High Life with the old uncles. That way you might get a little buzzy, and not care anymore.
Ah Katie- I appreciate the suggestion but it is a lose -lose situtation. If I looked like shit and drank with the men... they would talk about how bad I look and that I am an alcoholic! Besides, I have been eyeing this sweater and need a new pair of boots :) plus the packers play the lions on Thursday, so at least I can watch the game!!!!!
Do what I do...secretly drink (sprite spiked with vodka) for the buzz and then bring a puzzle to keep busy. You'd be surprised at who joins you to do a puzzle and if they don't, well, you're entertained and building brain power!!
Post a Comment