Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend!

I did what every good American should do on Memorial Day weekend! I bought a new mattress! Yup that is right! A new mattress! If you have never had the joy of mattress shopping, get really drunk before you go! It is seriously worse than buying a new car! Ugh! Painful as it was , and it was painful.... the new bed came yesterday and I slept well last night. Hope that trend continues. The old bed was in bad shape, two deep body impressions with a mountain peak in between. Comfortably soft but horrible on my back, and hips. Really?!? Did I just say that?! Yes... I was having joint pain like an 80 year old. So I researched mattresses and found out that nobody is happy with the beds that they buy. Regardless of how much money they spend on it!!! Everyone complained. Therefore, I went into this thinking I will buy ole cheap mattress and just replace more frequently. Well, Mr. Mattress salesman conned me into spending more than I wanted but threw in two king sized pillows for free. Yeah for me! Did you know that if you don't protect your mattress from stains, the stains will void your warranty? I had no idea! Yup, you guessed it! I got suckered into buying the "mattress pad protector" too! And upgraded to the higher quality bed frame (actually we broke the one they give you for free so I thought it prudent to upgrade) But grand total for Mr. Mattress salesman was damn near a whole paycheck. That will make you cry!!!
Hope this thing lasts for years!!! Like 20!

3 comments:

Cari said...

Holy Moly Batman!!! We need a new bed bad but we are holding off!

Can't wait to see you!

Danielle said...

Ah yes, it is very expensive to buy a new bed. Mark and I took the plunge about 2 years ago. We upgraded to a king size (LOVE IT!) and were shocked to find out how much king size bedding was. The heating blanket alone was just under $200!!!

Katie said...

There's a really good comment in there somewhere about breaking your bed frame, but I'm too beat from my happy homemaker day to come up with it! I hope you had a subsequent successful night of slumber! Have you tried out the upgraded frame yet? Make it worth it! I've got to get your Man Friend reading and commenting on your blog- it would be a riot! Plus, we'd get the hint drilled into his skull, and we'd finally get you hitched! Woot!