Thursday, October 14, 2010

Poison Ivy!

Wish that was something as nice as honemoon love :(
However, I was enjoying the wilderness (ok...just Shawnee national forest) with my mom over the last weekend and somehow contracted poison ivy all over my FACE! Nowhere else really just my face and under my chin. Crazy! I have never had poison ivy before and quite frankly thought i was immune to it! I don't even know how I got this! (I think it is poison ivy...and i have asked several doctors who agree, at least it is their best guess too!)
Is it possible to get it from spider webs? That is the only thing that was different for my mom and me. I led the way on the paths/hiking trails and kept having to clear all the webs from my face. Did a spider crawl thru poison ivy and then walk all over his web?
Oh well- im on steroids trying not to scratch! I look like a freak! How long does this last?!?

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Um, I'm gonna need some pictures.

Stokes said...

I feel your pain, as I have gotten poison oak in some *bad* places. I have had cases of it that went away in a few days, and others that have lasted months... I, too, ended up on steroids a few times - especially when it got on my face, or what I ended up calling "my 3rd butt-cheek" because of the serious swelling on my extreme upper back leg area.

In all of my years in the woods, I've never heard of anyone getting it from spiderwebs, but you can get it from drips of water that fell off of the poisonous plant... or by breathing the smoke from a poison oak fire.

Just don't stick your hand down your bra after itching your now infected face :)and be careful when you pee in the woods. Just sayin'.

Hope said...

I think that this is the first test of John's love for you. Will he still love his beautiful bride now that her face is filled with red, itchy, disgusting poison ivy? Only time will tell my friend, only time will tell....