Monday, September 15, 2008

Notre Dame and Rain

First off- we have been able to secure tickets to Notre Dame football for the past two weekends. WHat a great time!

This past weekend we were hit by Hurricane Ike!! Hard to believe -I know but we got hit by the leftover rain storm and it wasn't pretty. We received 10" of rain in two days. Lots of flooding in my area. Streets closed, houses taking in water, etc.
No harm no foul for me. And, I was 20 minutes into the trip to work today when the office called and wanted to know if they should cancel my day since they assumed I was stranded by all the water. I could have had a "free" day. A skip if you will. Man- that would have been great but i am honest and told them I was already on my way! The water is so bad in certain areas that part of I94 is closed in both directions!!!

No comments: